Save the Date
2015 Bar Convention
January 22-25, Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center
Section CLE: Friday, Jan. 23, 8:30-11:45 a.m.
2015 Section Seminar & Business Meeting
Friday, May 1
Bar Conference Center
Conduct a Section seminar at the 2015 SC Bar Convention.
Conduct a Section seminar on Health Care Law issues in the spring of 2015.
Monitor and identify needs for legislative activity relevant to Health Care Law.
Provide networking opportunities for Section members.
Continue to inform Section members of significant developments in health care law through the Section listserv, E-Blast and Bar website.
Explore the Section’s interest in seeking accreditation for Health Care Law specialization.
Health Care Law Section Seminar
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: It’s Constitutional and It’s Being Implemented … Are You Ready?
• Getting Ready for the ACA
• Accountable Care Organization: A Model for Reimbursement Reform
• Physician Value Based Purchasing
• S.C. Department of Health and Human Services
• Impact on Private Payor Relationship with S.C. Hospitals and Physicians; Assessment of Exchanges and New Insurance Plans
• Health Care Reform for Employers
• S.C. ACA-Related Legislative Update
• False Claims Act Enforcement Defense Perspective
Public Health Emergencies: A Resource for Bench and Bar
(2012 Edition, Department of Health and Environmental Control)
American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 -- Health Information Technology for Economic & Clinical Health (HITECH) Act:
• Available funds for providers to convert to electronic health records
• South Carolina Health Information Exchange (SCHIEx)
• Changes to HIPAA
Public Health Preparedness
South Carolina Prepares for a Pandemic Influenza: An Ethical Perspective (Sept. 2009)
Emergency Health Powers Act
Checklist for Health Care Professionals
State and Federal Resources
S.C. Dept. of Health & Environmental Control
Office of the General Counsel (803.898.3350)
S.C. Dept. of Health & Human Services
Office of the General Counsel (803.898.2795)
S.C. Dept. of Mental Health
Office of the General Counsel (803.898.8557)
S.C. Dept. of Labor, Licensing & Regulation
Office of the General Counsel (803.896.4470)
S.C. Medical Association
Office of General Counsel (803.798.6207)
S.C. Hospital Association
Advocacy and Communications (803.744.3522)
South Carolina Joint Underwriting Association
Office of the Director (864.240.2750)
S.C. Medical Malpractice Patients’ Compensation Fund
Office of the Director (803.896.5290)
U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
• Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
• Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
• Office of Civil Rights (OCR) -- health information privacy
(803) 799-6653, ext. 146
South Carolina Bar950 Taylor StreetColumbia, South Carolina 29201
803.799.6653 Phone803.799.4118 Faxscbaremail@example.com