Location: Greenville office
Job Type: Regular – Full-time
Job Summary: Provide a wide range of civil litigation to low-income individuals and families residing in South Carolina. Litigation will primarily be in the areas of housing, consumer and employment law. The attorney may also work in other priority areas to include the migrant and language access units depending on client needs. Litigation experience in these areas, plus experience with a broad range of other advocacy tools and community education, is strongly preferred. The position requires some evening, weekend, and overnight work. The position may have some statewide duties.
A more detailed job description is available upon request.
▪ Member of the SC Bar
▪ Demonstrated experience in the relevant areas of law
▪ Knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedures, Rules of Evidence, Rules of the Family Court, and Rules of Appellate Procedure
▪ Knowledge of the principles of civil practice and time management
▪ Excellent litigation and trial advocacy, research, and legal writing skills
▪ Excellent computer skills, including Windows and Microsoft Office
▪ Excellent relationship building skills
▪ Demonstrated competence in working with diverse clients and client communities
▪ Commitment to public interest/poverty law
Job Open Date: Immediately
Job Close Date: Until Filled
Applicants interested in applying for this position may submit a resume, two writing samples and three references with cover letter to:
South Carolina Legal Services, Attn: Human Resources – Staff Attorney – Greenville Office
PO Box 1445, Columbia, SC 29202 or by fax to 803-799-9420.