Financial Litigation Attorney
In-house attorney supports Consumer Collections, Special Assets, and Recovery teams and administers placement for third-party legal services. Incumbent will manage matters in South Carolina, Georgia, other states as needed and proactively advises and trains staff, peers, and management and supports other areas of the bank as needed.
Responsibilties also include foreclosure, bankruptcy, secured and unsecured collections, post-judgment actions, garnishments, and or related legal matters.
Act as the legal specialist within the department in an effort to manage and improve collections and recovery litigation strategies and processes by maximizing efficiency and effectiveness.
• Assist in defining the day-to-day consumer collections and recovery litigation strategy.
• Review accounts and manage the department’s actions to bring those accounts to resolution.
• Compile reports as needed on a continuing basis.
• Make sure all accounts are flowing properly through their life cycles and are documented properly.
• Make sure all recovery efforts are fully maximized.
• Providing documentation to senior management and audit department for collection matters.
• Preparation of notes, financing statements, and related documents
• Advises team on collections procedures and policies and proactively recommends changes.
• Conducts training on application legal matters as needed.
• Court appearances and consulting with outside counsel as needed.
Licensed to practice law in SC required
Ability to travel.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Two years of experience as a practicing attorney preferred
Also licensed to practice in GA preferred
Banking, collections litigation, or credit experience;
contract review experience; bankruptcy and loss/mitigation experience; and
personnel management preferred
To apply, visit https://www.firstcitizensonline.com/careers.