The South Carolina Bar (LRE) Law Related Education Division provides We the People: Project Citizen training for teachers and other school representatives. Attendees receive a teacher's guide and 30 copies of the student text at no charge! There is no registration fee for trainings. The curriculum, which is correlated to South Carolina standards, takes students through a six step process that is displayed in a class portfolio as a final project and includes information on:
- identifying a public policy problem in the community;
- gathering and evaluating information on the problem;
- examining and evaluating solutions;
- developing a proposed public policy;
- creating an action plan; and
- reflection of the project.