Study and make recommendations regarding the rules and law pertaining to practice and procedure. Continue efforts regarding the improvement of the operation of the judicial system.
1. Identify and consider revisions to rules not uniformly applied or where there is ambiguity in interpretation.
2. Consider proposing rules for electronic filing and service of documents.
3. Consider supplementing rules, including Rule 26(a) and (f), to address issues relating to electronic discovery and information.
4. Review and draft changes to Rule 43(k), SCRCP.
5. Analyze proposal to change SC Rule of Evidence 404.
6. Review issues regarding appointment of municipal judges and magistrates.
7. Return to previous battles waged and lost (e.g. Rule 6(d)) and voir dire juror questionnaire.
8. Study analysis of potential jury improvements to assist jurors in understanding. DNA evidence-non exclusive.
Andrew N. Cole
P.O. Box 12487
Columbia, SC 29211
(803) 799-6653, ext. 134